Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia. The types of personal information that Online Roofing Supplies may collect about you includes:
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details about your purchases and orders from us, your product and services preferences, products and services you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- employer or business details;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to enable you to purchase products from us through your use of our website
- to contact and communicate with you – if you contact Online Roofing Supplies, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a purchase, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund/exchange;
- for analysis, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to send you promotional information and/or offers about our products and;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Online Roofing Supplies Pty Ltd;
- to comply with our legal obligations resolve any disputes that we may have; and
We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Online Roofing Supplies;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for any type of credit account with Online Roofing Supplies;
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. Online Roofing Supplies may use and disclose your personal information:
- to charge you for products we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products (by including your feedback in our advertising);
- undertake product recalls;
- to determine your product preferences;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a any credit account, of any nature;
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities , in the event you fail to pay for goods we have provided to you;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- to third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem s-solving providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
We strive to ensure that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The storage and security of personal information will be reviewed at regular intervals. When a review identifies personal information that is no longer required, it will be destroyed or re-identified as soon as practical by an authorised person.
The Online Roofing Supplies email system is monitored by our administrator and any information you send to BRM will be viewed by the person you sent it to. Personal information may be retained upto a period of 7 years, after which we will either confirm that the it is up-to-date or destroy it. The information is retained for the purpose of monitoring and protecting Online Roofing Supplies legal rights.
Links to other websites
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you think that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
For More Information
Online Roofing Supplies
Telephone: 0477 788 693
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site.http://www.privacy.gov.au/.